Keynotes and Panel Discussion
*Keynotes will be live on October 13, 2021. Video recordings will be available for later viewing for no additional fee.
9:30 am EST-NY: Kareem Weaver: The Case for Equity: Moving Past Our Belligerent Denial
3:30 pm EST-NY: Dr. Jennifer Buckingham: Need to Know or Nice to Know? What is at the Heart of the Science of Reading for Teachers?
7:00 pm EST-NY: Panel Discussion: Practicing Partners in the Science of Reading moderated by Drs. Jorene Cook and Michelle Storie.
Sessions are pre-recorded and will be available starting at 9 am EST on October 13, 2021. You will have unlimited access to all sessions with no time restrictions. All handouts and resources for each session will be available in the “resources” tab located below the video player.
- Tiffany Kalsi, April Hackett, and Julie McDermid: A Grassroots Movement: How 3 Speech-Language Pathologists are Changing Reading Instruction in Their School Board
- Dr. Heidi Beverine-Curry: 6-Step Lesson Plan for Phonics & Fluency: An Overview
- Mitchell Brookins: Teaching Comprehension with a Culturally Responsive Lens
- Nancy Duggan: Reading Goals: Combining the Guidance of I.D.E.A. Laws and the Science of Reading for Appropriate and Effective IEP Reading Instruction
- Dr. Steven Dykstra: How Science Works: Teaching Beyond the Science we Have Without Violating that Science
- Erin Eighmy, Tambra Isenberg, and Dr. Pamela Kastner: Harnessing the Power of Spelling Inventory
- Sarah Fishstrom and Blair Payne: Explicit Instruction: The Secret Sauce of Implementing the Science of Reading
- Dr. Selenid M. Gonzalez-Frey: Connected vs. Segmented Phonation: Teaching Beginning Readers to Decode Unfamiliar Words
- Dr. Lucy Hart-Paulson: ABC to XYZ: What the Science Says about Alphabet Learning, Assessment, and Instruction
- Nancy Hennessy: Comprehension Check-Up: What Every Educator Should Know
- Dr. Jeannette Mancilla-Martinez: The Critical Role of Spoken Language in Reading Outcomes Among Students from Spanish-speaking Homes
- Dr. Katherine Pace Miles: High Frequency Words: Implications for Instruction Based on Word Type and Orthographic Regularity
- Nicky Parr: Handwriting Matters
- Christine Quesada: Morpheme Madness
- Kathleen Rastle: The Dramatic Impact of Explicit Instruction on Learning to Read
- Dr. Rebecca Resnik: Rewiring for Reading: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Joan Sedita: Adolescent Students with Reading Disabilities – Best Practices Based on the Science of Reading
- Dr. Stephanie Stollar: The Use of Curriculum Based Measurement of Reading in MTSS
Continuing Education Credit: Participants will be provided a certificate with date and hours of each session. The Reading League is an approved sponsor for IMSLEC and ALTA.
Refund Policy: All sales are final. No refunds will be provided for this event.
W-9 Form: Download a PDF of The Reading League’s W-9 form here.
Purchase Orders and other Payment Recommendations:
- Purchase orders are available for school districts/organizations purchasing five (5) or more registrations only.
- Access to conference sessions is provided once payment is received.
- To request a purchase order, contact Madeline Chilbert at 315-362-2631 or email your order to email@example.com. Please include the names and email addresses of those who should receive access to this event.
- Registration for this event is not complete until payment is received by The Reading League.
The Reading League strongly encourages payment via credit card. But if a purchase order is needed, we highly recommend registering a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to ensure access to live sessions.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org