A Reading League Chapter is recognized as an entity with a similar mission to The Reading League (TRL) and that aligns with the purposes, activities, policies, and procedures established by TRL.
The Reading League Chapters
Find your state or district below to learn more about how your local chapter is making a difference and how you can get involved.
Upcoming Chapter Events
Find events happening with your local chapter.
- Incorporate as a separate organization
- Become a tax-exempt organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code or have a fiscal sponsor that is tax-exempt under Section 501 (c) (3)
- Obtain and maintain appropriate insurance
- Establish bylaws that are consistent with those of TRL
- File an annual report to TRL on July 1 of each year
- Appoint a President and Treasurer
- File audited financial reports with TRL
- File IRS form 990 (or 990-EZ or 990-N) each year
- Secure a membership base of at least 35 members
- Seek funding or sponsorship for local activities and events
- Pay a yearly affiliation fee to TRL (with the exception of Year One)
- Offer events and engage in activities in alignment with the purpose and mission of TRL
- Secure approval in advance from TRL for presentations, materials, sponsors/vendors
- Maintain full transparency of activities and events
- Abide by all the terms of the Affiliation Agreement